Is Broadband a problem for you? ThinkingWISP could help
From Norfolk RCC
Diss Community Partnership
See our website for more information.
We were formed in March, 2002 as part of the government’s Market Towns Initiatives. We are a Community Interest Company that is a partnership of individuals and organisations working to improve Diss. It promotes and initiates a wide range of activities and groups, including a lot of grassroots consultation:
- The Skelton Festival - a year-long, 40-event, award winning festival culminating in a Tudor Fair.
- It promotes local food by setting up Waveney Valley Food Group, Slow Food Waveney Valley, working to re-invigorate the Diss Farmer's Market.
- Ran a Betjeman Centenary festival
- Set up a credit union
- Set up the Diss Film Society
- the DissConnected.Net community website
- a local history festival
We now have premises at Cobbs Yard (off St. Nicholas Street) in Diss which combine a shop selling local arts, crafts and food, and office and meeting space for us. and much more.
Diss has recently become the UK’s third Cittaslow town, an initiative started by DCP originally. We have been awarded a large grant from the EU's LEADER+ fund, and other funds from Diss Town Council and South Norfolk Council for our Cittaslow programme, which includes
- a coordinator and part time finance officer
- a Cittaslow Community Chest
- a clay lump buildings project
- re-branding of Diss