Is Broadband a problem for you? ThinkingWISP could help
From Norfolk RCC
Norfolk Rural Community Council is an independent charity founded in 1986 to support communities across Norfolk. We are committed to continuing to provide and develop a range of services that meet the needs of communities. We lobby on rural issues at strategic level providing a voice for the local communities of Norfolk. We divide our role under three headings:
- Community Support- Helping Communities all the way from identifying needs to delivering solutions with friendly support and genuine expertise.
- Rural Advocacy- To provide a voice to rural communities to ensure that decisions on services, policies and strategies do not discriminate against them and adequately serve and reflect their needs.
- Developing Solutions- To research, consult and develop initiatives to solve the problems faced by our communities.
More Information about us
Information on our core areas of work can be found using the menu on the left hand side of the page.
Charity Records To view our Charity Commission records including our full annual reports and financial statements please click here.
We constantly strive to achieve the highest standards of quality in the work that we undertake. For more information on how we monitor this please click here.
If you would like further information regarding becoming a trustee, click here for further details
A list of our current Board of Trustees will appear here shortly.
Annual General Meetings
Norfolk RCC hold quarterly Council Meetings in conjunction with Norfolk Rural Forum.
"The Norfolk Rural Forum consists of representatives from a range of constituencies in Norfolk that are intended to reflect specific county themes and issues across the three pillars of sustainable development - environment, economy and community. Its specific responsibilities are:
To lobby on behalf of Norfolk's rural areas at local, regional and national level by taking the county view to the East of England Rural Forum which in turn provides a link between regional rural stakeholders, Government Office for the East of England, the East of England Development Agency and DEFRA.
To provide a forum for debate, the exchange of information and best practice to ensure that it is shared and disseminated through networking with other county rural forums, existing rural networks and non-member organisations.
To encourage relevant rural research where appropriate.
It meets approximately 4 times a year in partnership with the membership of the Norfolk Rural Community Council. It is chaired by Pat Holtom, Vice President of Norfolk Rural Community Council and Chair of the East of England Rural Forum.
The Council Meeting for 22 February 2012 has been cancelled and instead we will be hosting a Conference on Thursday 1 March from, 09.30 am to 4.30 pm at South Green Park Enterprise Centre, Mattishall, NR20 3JY. Further details can be obtained by clicking this link http://www.norfolkrcc.org.uk/wiki/index.php/SMART_Norfolk
Places are limited, so please book your place by calling 01362 698216 before Friday 24 February.
- 23 November 2011 - Fuel Poverty
- 14 September 2011 - Local Food
- 6 April 2011 - Future of Rural Services
- 7 December 2010 - Rural Enterprise and the Future
- 15th September 2010 - Ends of the Spectrum
- 27th April 2010 - Affordable Housing in Rural Areas.
- 3rd February 2010 'Tackling Norfolk's Rural Challenge'
- 13th October 2009 - Doing a lot with what you've got
Directions and Contact details
We are located on the Yaxham Road industrial estate in Dereham. Norfolk Rural Community Council
Signpost House, Ambassador Way, Greens Road, Dereham, NR20 3TL.
- Tel: 01362 698216
- Fax: 01362 851083
- General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have no vacancies